Exploring Franchise Ownership Amid the COVID-19 Crisis
April 14, 2020
You might be wondering if now is the right time to explore franchise ownership while the world is facing a global pandemic. As the old adage goes, “this too shall pass.” Unfortunately, there is no crystal ball to be able to tell us when that is going to happen.
The good news is that if you have a goal of becoming a business owner, now is the perfect time to get serious about your research. If you are like the 10 million people in the US who have been been laid off or furloughed, you may have some more time on your hands to devote to the search.
For Home Clean Heroes, most of the franchise discovery process is virtual, so social distancing is already in place. Why not capitalize on this time to go through our series of phone calls and video presentations while you have the time? We have also transitioned to virtual Meet The Team Days, so if you find yourself ready to take that final step before signing on the dotted line (and we hope that you do!), the risk of travel related illnesses is non-existent.
By continuing on your path now, you’ll be in a great position to launch your business when the crisis is behind us. But given this unique time, it’s smart to consider franchise opportunities that are less impacted by the current crisis than others. Opportunities that are deemed essential, such as cleaning and maintenance, may not have crossed your mind before, but are business types you should look at in determining the right fit for you.
Here are a few things that make cleaning franchises stand out:
- Always in demand. Given the various closures for non-essential services, such as gyms or restaurants, cleaning franchises have been able to stay open, to not only continue to provide the valuable service of cleaning and disinfecting clients’ homes, but also many commercial spaces as well. Even without the COVID-19 situation, housecleaning is a service that is sought after as typically customers are very busy and don’t want to spend their free time cleaning. They would rather spend time with loved ones or actually enjoy their weekends vs. scrubbing a toilet.
- Provides a steady, recurring and predictable income. The backbone of a cleaning franchise is built around customers wanting (and needing) their homes cleaned on a regular basis, whether it’s weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, that means a reliable cash flow for you.
- Free nights & weekends. If you want a business where you will have nights and weekends off to spend with your family or friends, then a cleaning franchise could be the perfect fit. Unlike other service or hospitality businesses, residential cleaning services typically take place during normal weekday business hours.
- Protected territories. With Home Clean Heroes, your territory is protected, meaning another Home Clean Heroes franchise can never open in the areas you service.
- Affordable start up costs. When compared to other service-related industries, the startup costs for a residential cleaning franchise are relatively low. To learn more about the investment breakdown, click here.
- No loss of inventory. A major benefit of owning a home cleaning franchise is that the inventory you do take on isn’t perishable like food in a restaurant franchise for instance.
The bottom line is that the world will recover from the health crisis. There is no better time than the present to explore franchise ownership with Home Clean Heroes.